orange

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Soccer


Riley had fun playing soccer this year. It was a beautiful season for it as well. There were only two games that it got cold, and one of those was an evening game. We enjoyed watching him. My favorite time was when he was playing goalie and would start screeching every time the ball would get close to the goal. He is such a character. The scariest moment was when I dropped Riley off by the field he was playing on, and than went to park the van. By the time I got to the field Riley was sitting on the side line with an extremely pale face. He looked like he was going to pass out. I asked him what happened and he said he fell and hurt him arm. I was afraid he had broken it. I had him hold his arm up and it looked good. He could make a fist, but had a hard time holding his water bottle. I had him sit there for a while, and put ice on it, until he started feeling better. He finally went out on the field and played the last half of the game, but was still favoring his arm. I kept an eye on it for the next few days. It did get better. I believe he hyper extended it, because he was saying it hurt right at the elbow. He is doing fine now.

Don't you just love this picture. It was so cold that Riley decided to use the camping chair covers to keep his legs warm.

No comments: