orange

Friday, October 8, 2010

Phase 2

As promised, I am posting more on our summer doings. I have gone through all we did and determined that it will take about 6 phases to get everything up to date. Please bare with me as I try to find time to do this. I broke them down into this many, so they won't be to long. Also, it won't take me to much time to do one every once in awhile. With this said here is phase 2.
Sorry about the difference in front size. I don't know what was going on. I tried everything that I know to fix it, but it didn't work.

Lick
Just over a year ago this stray cat showed up in our neighborhood. My kids took an immediate liking to her. Needless to say we sort of adopted her. We would feed and hold her whenever she came around. Which was a lot in the winter. We even let her come in the house and sleep during the day and than put her out at night. The kids would have kept her in the house all the time if they had their way. Unfortunately, we are not suppose to have pets and their mother isn't the biggest fan of pets. Especially in the house. Well it seemed she was getting sick. She wasn't gaining weight and she throw up all over my house
one day(this is why I don't like pets in the house). I went and talked to my neighbor about it because they do a lot of rescue work with animals. They sounded concerned as well. We decided to take her to the shelter. My kids were devastated. We didn't know what else to do though. We didn't want her to die, and they were having a free day at the shelter, so if she was sick she would get the help she needed. We knew she would get adopted by a loving family because of her sweet disposition. I even got a little teary eyed. To pacify our kids we took a picture of her. We went the whole summer not know what happened to her, until one day when we got back from vacation, and she showed up on our door step. She had a collar and an owner. We called the owner and found out that Lick actually belong to her since Lick was a baby and had ran off. The kids were excited to know that she had a home to go to.





CAMP OUT
At the end of June we went camping to a fun campground not to far from are house. The campground is on the bank of the Snake River. We took the fishing pool we got Terry for Father's Day, and bought little kid fishing pools for Abbie and Riley. We had a lot of fun, but found out fast that we are not very good a fishing. I think we will need to take a How to Fish for Dummies coarse. Abbie refused to go to sleep that night so everyone was a bit cranky the next morning. I look forward to visiting this campsite again. Hopefully, next year.


Playing at the playground. Riley insisted that everyone have a turn with his Indianan Jones hat. Notice how it is way to small for Terry's head, but fits my head almost perfectly.

Riley trying out his new fishing pool.
Abbie showing off her pink fish bat.

Trying to fish from the dock. This dock separates the SnackRriver from a little inlet that you can swim in. We didn't have time to go swimming though, so we defiantly will have to go back again.

No comments: