orange

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mothers

Mother's of Wisdom

I have been having a couple of frustrating days with Riley. It seems that all we have done is argue. Today I was trying to clean-up the clutter in my house. When I asked Riley to help he refused. Which is a normal response, but I could just feel a argument coming on again. Luckily I was on the phone with my mom at the time. She told me to try and hide something in a toy or under it, and have Riley try and find it while he was helping me clean-up. It worked like a charm. He was excited to try and find the dime that I hide under the toys. He actually asked if we could do it again tomorrow by the time we were done.
I am so grateful to have a mother there to guide me along my stumbles as a mother.
Love you mom.

2 comments:

Janita said...

What a great idea!

Janet said...

Wow! I will so have to try that one! Thanks for the tip!