orange

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall/Apples

Okay, when I started this blog I thought I would be great at keeping it updated. As most of you can see that has not been the case. My life seems to have been a little hectic lately. Which is probably the case with most of you.

I know a couple of people have asked what my birthday was like. I have been meaning to put an update about it on the blog, so here it is.

I had a wonderful birthday. It started out with Riley insisting I go back to bed so he could make me breakfast in bed. He also insisted that Terry help him make me a birthday cake. He wanted to give me my birthday presents right away as well, but Terry had to go to work. Terry told Riley they would give them to me when he got home. Riley wasn't very happy with this, so he spent part of the day looking around the house for my presents. Unfortunately he couldn't find them because Terry had them hidden in his car. Terry worked all morning trying to get Abbie to say, "Happy Birthday Mommy." He was unsuccessful with his attempts while he was home. Right after he left for work Abbie came running into the room and yelled, Happy Birthday Mommy. It was so cute. Later Terry took me out for dinner and when I got home we had cake and opened presents.

Riley has been watching a lot of Caillou. In one of the epasiodes Caillou does a magic show, so Riley wanted to do one as well. This is him dressing in up as a magician. He used his Batman Pjs becuase it has a cape, and this is the best hat we had for him to use.




Since Riley had a hat on Abbie had to have one as well.



We went apple picking last weekend. Riley has been begging to go. The kids had a blast. Now I need to figure out what I am going to do with all of the Apples we picked.

6 comments:

Janita said...

Sounds like a good birthday! My VT partner cans the best spiced apples and gives them out for Christmas - maybe you could find a recipe for that online somewhere - they are yummy!

Tina said...

I've always wanted to go apple picking. Terry looks like a giant crouched next to that little tree. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.

The Carlsens said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday. You kids are growing up so fast! : )

Mandi Ward said...

Hey Marilyn
It's Mandi Ward (Davis) from highschool. I hope that you don't mind that I came across your blog. We missed you at the reunion. How have you been. Talk to ya later.
Mandi

Janet said...

Hello Marilyn!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I think about you often and I was hoping to see you at the reunion. We missed you! But it is nice to check out your blog. Cute family. -Janet

jaredelizabeth said...

Hi Marilyn. I've looked at your blog several times and I haven't had time to comment, but I love it and I've enjoyed catching up with so many people from our class too. I love the picture of you and your kids with all the apples....you are gorgeous and your kids and beautiful. I look forward to seeing more of your blog.