orange

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holidays

I hope everyone had a wonderful time over the holidays. We had a lot of fun. I was worried about what the driving conditions would be like. The drive to Terry's parents house started out foggy, but by the time we got up Cabbage Hill (this is the beginning trek through the Blues) it was clear and beautiful. The sun was shining and the fog was gone. When I looked back behind us, it was like looking at a sea of fog. It was quite a spectacular scene. I wish I had taken a picture.

As usually my kids did a good job traveling. Abbie did her job a little to well and didn't say she needed to use the restroom. She ended up wetting her pants. Mom wasn't to happy, but we got things cleaned up as best we could until we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with Terry's parents. On Christmas Eve, we went out and played in the snow. It was too crunchy to make a snowman so we decided to make forts. Terry and Riley made one, Abbie and I made one, and Brian and Tyson made one. Then we had a snowball fight. By the time we got to the snowball fight we were all worn out from building the forts. Come Christmas Day we were feeling the effort of all our work. We were quite sore. I do not have any pictures of this. I was having to much fun in the snow to get my camera.

After our outdoor playing we came in and helped the kids make cookies to eat and to leave for Santa. Wilma had a lot of fun Christmas cookie cutters. Abbie loves sugar cookies. She stood in front of the stove watching the cookies cook.




Later on we had a family dinner and Christmas program. Terry's family has a tradition of reading the Christmas story from the Bible and then the youngest child gets to put the baby Jesus in the manger. After this everyone gets to open one present.
Abbie and her present on Christmas Eve. She got Bedtime Bear.

Riley and His present on Christmas Eve. He got a Mega Blocks dragon egg. He was so excited to get his first Mega Blocks set, so he could become a Mega Block master.
When Riley found out that the dragon egg present was from Abbie, he gave her a big hug.
Wilma made a lot of fun stuff and gave them to everyone. This is a crown and scarf she made that Abbie got.

The kids were so excited to open presents Christmas morning. They each got a pair of slippers in their stockings.
Abbie and her Santa gift. She has been asking for a snow globe for most of the year.

Riley and his Santa gift. He got a big Mega Block dragon set that goes with the egg that Abbie gave him the night before.

Terry gave me this bobbin threader. He got tired of me complaining that mine didn't work on the sewing machine that I use, and that I have to get out my Grandma's old sewing machine to thread my bobbins.
This is the first gift Terry opened. It is a keyboard that he can use with the Wii. We got one for the family for Christmas. I thought that is was going to be the gift that the kids had gotten him. Unfortunately we hadn't opened the Wii yet, and Riley can read now. We had to do some sweet talking to convince him that the keyboard was for Dad's I pod touch and not a Wii. We didn't want to spoil the fact that they were getting a Wii.
Grandma Carlsen opening the present from us. It is a book made from my blog.
Here we are with the Wii.
Terry finally opening the present from the kids.

No comments: