orange

Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School

Yes we are here. We just had a fun, full and busy summer. I will have to take time to post more about our summer later.

Riley started first grade on Tuesday. I am excited for this year and hope things will go a little better than kindergarten. Some of the things we had an issue with in kindergarten are not being used in first grade. Riley wasn't sure about going to school, but the first day was a success. At least I thought so, until it was time to get ready for the second day of school and he didn't want to go. He said he didn't like school because it was boring. We had a good discussion about finding positive and fun things about school. I asked him to go to school and find something he liked about school and than come home and tell me. When he got home I asked him what he liked about school that day. As most of you can guess, his favorite thing was recess. He also said he liked that he didn't have to go to PE and music. When I asked why he didn't like them? He responded by saying that they take to much time. Go figure a boy who doesn't want to go to PE. We will see how today goes.

I was surprised that Abbie has been fine with having Riley gone. We have been trying to stay busy and make sure we do lots of projects. I am enjoying my time with her.




Riley modeling his backpack. He really wanted a Lego Clone Star Wars backpack. So I sewed on a iron-on transfer. He loves it.



Riley's Classroom is in the background.




Abbie wanted to model her back as well.




I just have to post what Riley did at church about a month ago. Riley got a new teacher to help out in his primary class. I was excited when I found out because I thought she would be great with the kids. She told me later what Riley did the first day she was their. When they got to there class room she had to do something to discipline Riley. After wards, he looked at her and said, "I X you out." The teacher said that by the end of class, though, Riley had come over and sat down next to her and put his head on her shoulder and said, "We can be friends now."

No comments: