orange

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dress


I made this simple dress for Abbie. It was suppose to be pajamas, but it turned out so cute that if she wants I will let her ware it during the day. It is really easy to make. Just go to the store buy a t-shirt and fabric that matches. You cut the t-shirt so it is just under the chest, than cut a front and back out of the fabric to the length and width you want. I made the width just a bit bigger than the width of the t-shirt so I could gather it together. Sew the front and back together, than a gather stitch along the top, gather it so it fits the shirt and than sew it onto the shirt. I than cut about a 5 inch ruffle twice the width of the skirt folded it in half, stitched a gather stitch and sewed it onto the bottom of the skirt. A quick note: make sure that the shirt fits. I bought a shirt that was one size to big thinking that if I made it big she could wear it longer. It ended up looking like a tent on her. I had to spend more time on it than I would have liked getting it to fit right.

I know that my explanation isn't the greatest so here is the web page I found that helped me with the project: http://deannasstuff.blogspot.com/2009/05/make-simple-tshirt-dress-with-ruffle.html

No comments: