orange

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. My family does a good job pampering me. It is so wonderful to see the joy on my kids faces. Of coarse if it wasn't for them I wouldn't get the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day. While I was visiting my visiting teaching ladies, one of them gave me this poem about mother's.

The Magic of Mothers

There's magic in a mother's touch
and sunshine in her smile.
There's love in everything she does
to make our lives worthwhile.
We can find both hope and courage
just by looking in her eyes;
Her laughter is a source of joy'
Her words are warn and wise.
There is kindness and compassion
to be found in her embrace,
and we see the light of Heaven
shining from a mother's face.



I learned how much a mother means to her children, when I went to Time Out for Women. The Sunday after I got home, I saw Riley walking down the church hall crying. I went and tried to figure out what was the matter. He just kept crying and saying, "I got mad and I am so sorry." I finally found his Primary teacher. She wasn't sure why he was having such a hard time, but he had been emotional all through primary. She had tried to bring him to me, but he didn't want to leave class. When we got home he wouldn't leave my side for some time, and later that night he confessed that he was scared I was going to leave again and not come back. Sometimes it is hard to remember how much they need us, but they do. I am trying to cherish every moment I have with my children. How much I love them and know they love me. I am so grateful that the Lord trusted me to raise two of his choice spirits. I pray everyday that I am doing a good job at it.

No comments: