orange

Monday, May 10, 2010

Great Aunt and Finger

In April, we had a situation that should have been just a normal slammed finger in the door that turned into a scary time. As you can see from the pictures, it was a pretty bad slammed finger. It happened on a Saturday, and due to Riley being in shock and not calming down, we took him to the walk-in clinic to make sure it wasn't broken. Thank goodness it wasn't. Well come Monday the finger actually looked worse, and so I took him into the doctor and had them drill a hole in the finger to drain the blood. Which should have been done at the walk-in clinic, but the doctor gave Riley the choose and Riley choose not to have it done, so I had to take him back. Than Monday Riley got off the bus after school, and I could tell he wasn't feeling well. He had a really high fever, and told me he slept all afternoon at school. Why they didn't call me and have me get him I don't know. So I kept him home Tuesday, but I started getting worried about him having a Staph infection because it was a really high fever, and his finger looked worse still. Needless to say we ended up back at the doctors office, and Riley had to have some blood work done. He didn't have Staph thank goodness, but I think he ended up with a strep throat. I never had a test done because we already had him on an antibiotic for a possible Staph infection. Riley is doing much better. His damaged finger nail fell off and a new one is growing back in its place.





During the whole Staph scare, I had a great aunt, whom I didn't know, call me. She lives in Spokane. She told me she was coming down to Walla Walla to visit a nephew and was wondering if she could come see me. It was really exciting to get to meet her. Her sister was my mom's mother. I never had the opportunity to get to know my grandmother because she past away before I was born. I have been given the opportunity to meet a couple of her sisters over the past few years. I am grateful to meet her. It is nice to know I have some more family around here. If you look closely you can see the wrap on Riley's arm were he had his blood drawn.


No comments: